CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Homemade Pasta

It's no secret.  I LOVE pasta. 

Josh was wonderful enough to get me Kitchen Aid's Pasta Press attachment this Christmas... a decision which I'm sure he'll grow to regret as I've already made 3 batches of pasta in the past 2 days.... yes.  I've fed my family pasta for 2 nights now... and I fully intend on eating pasta for lunch tomorrow too! 

It helps that Addison's 3 favorite meals are quiche with spinach, ham, and cheese; homemade pizza; and spaghetti with meatballs (she's a carbosaurus like her mommy!).  So being that there was a spagetti plate for the press, I HAD to try it!! 

Well, here are some pictures and the run-down...

Made the first batch of dough in the food processor.  Not sure if it was the machine, or if the dough needed more water.  Either way, it was too crumbly.

After being kneaded in the mixing bowl with a bit more water.


Ready to make pasta... though the actual balls that I fed into the attachment were about half the size of these.







One of my little helpers...



Homemade Pasta goes best with Homemade & Canned Vodka Sauce! Yum!!!
(Thankfully I had the time to can a bunch of these before H was born!!)


Cooked


Sauced


Day 2, Batch 3 Elbows and Spagetti



Huge hit all around with dinner... this one even licked the plate... which is how she got the nice blotch of sauce on her forehead!



I've learned a lot about making pasta these past few days... now I'm anxious to find and tackle some spinach and carrot pasta recipes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment