CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"I've got Gas"

Disney Pixar Film Cars Flo  photo

If you know anything about Addison, then you know she LOVES the movie cars.

We've known for months now that the second movie was coming out this summer.... in 3 days to be exact!  The flux of "cars" merchandise to hit the shelves has "fueled" (pun intended) desired behavior and has done wonders in making the last step in potty training (nights) a success! (the reward was a set of car sheets after staying dry at night for a few weeks).  Seriously - I'm sure there's something in every room of the house that can be tied back to the movie... Kraft has car shaped mac and cheese - that's in our kitchen.  She's actually watching the movie right now in the living room... There are Car themed coloring pages in the master bath.  There are Car bath toys and band aids in the other bathroom, etc etc.  Take my word. 

Well, yesterday, Addison seemed to be particularly gassy.  I used that to my advantage and gave her a lesson in ettiquite/manners... here's the amusing part of how it unfolded...

Me:  "Addison, do you need to go use the potty?"
A: "Nope.  I just farted."
Me: ...pause... ok.   "Well, what are you supposed to do when that happens?"
A: "Go to the bathroom."
Me: "Well, why didn't you?"
A: "I like how my farts smell."

I had no good rebuttle for that.  I usually don't.  Something amusing like this happens on a daily basis and until lately, I've failed miserably at recording them.   So, from now on, I will attempt to catch and record the witty and amusing things she says.

For the record - "Flo" is the character above from cars... she runs the V8 Cafe - the gas station in Radiator Springs... so she has gas too!

Photo Credit: http://www.motortrend.com/womt/112_0607_disney_pixar_cars/photo_18.html

Oh... and yes.  We changed it up a bit here.  Hope it looks a little better! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment